The 19th Annual Women on the Water Regatta
July 9, 2016
July 9, 2016
The Women on the Water Regatta is celebrating it’s 19th year of developing and encouraging more women to race sailboats competitively. This year we will again have a long distance race/cruise to develop and enhance sailing abilities, build confidence in both racing and cruising and just have fun!
WOW regatta rules require all boats to have a female skipper and the majority of the crew be women. While we encourage 100% female crew, should a boat be unable to muster an all-female crew, just try to have as many female members as possible. Male boat owners are always welcome and encouraged to participate in the event. As usual there are extra prizes for all-female boats, so get practicing and get your crew together for the 2016 event.
There is no fee to enter the race, but donations are sincerely appreciated. Results, trophies raffle prizes ($1.00 per ticket) and a potluck dinner at the Bellingham Yacht Club will follow the race! Every sailor nees to bring a potluck dish to the skipper’s meeting.
Skippers and Crew Looking for a Boat – Sign Up Online
As noted above, there is no entry fee for the regatta. Instead we are asking for donations to help fund the event. Please click here to register for the regatta and make your donation online.
Don’t have a boat? No problem. Just click “crew position” on the entry form and we will find you a boat.
What You Should Bring
- Lifejacket (Kayak style lifejackets are great)
- Nonskid shoes (tennis shoes/water shoes)
- Dress for NW weather (layers with waterproof jacket)
- Lunch and libations for the boat
- Dish for potluck (drop off at BYC)
- After the race drinks at the club? You will need credit card, debit card, check, cash or BYC membership card for drinks purchased at the bar!
- All non-BYC members must sign in and wear a name tag at all times while in the club.