The 23rd Annual Women on the Water Regatta
July 11th 2020 The Women on the Water Regatta is celebrating it’s 22nd year of developing and encouraging more women to race sailboats competitively. This year’s event will be combined with the BYC Around Vendovi Island Race (18 NM). Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all social events of WOW this year have been cancelled. 🙁
WOW regatta rules require all boats to have a female skipper and the majority of the crew be women. While we encourage 100% female crew, should a boat be unable to muster an all-female crew, just try to have as many female members as possible. Male boat owners are always welcome and encouraged to participate in the event. As usual there are extra prizes for all-female boats, so get practicing and get your crew together for the 2020 event.
- 0900 hrs – Skippers Meeting & Crew assignment at BYC Clubhouse Flagpole
- 1000 hrs – First Warning @ GP Outfall Buoy
- 2020 BYC Keelboat Racing Series SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- Addendum B.2 2. Vendovi Island Race
To Register, send e-mail to email@example.com with Skipper Name, Boat Name, Sail Number and PHRF Rating (or indicate “CRUISING CLASS”)
Want to Crew? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no fee to enter the race.
What You Should Bring
- Life jacket (Kayak style life jackets are great)
- Nonskid shoes (tennis shoes/water shoes)
- Dress for NW weather (layers with waterproof jacket)
- Lunch and libations for the boat